The support that the Traded Service provides is individual to each setting. We can help a setting to decide what will meet the needs of their pupils and staff by talking through various options. The list below is not exhaustive, but gives some idea of what we can deliver:
- Screening for children on entry into nursery or foundation stage.
- Direct 1:1 and group evidence-based intervention.
- Development of the skills and capacity of all staff through formal or informal training.
- Engaging parents to actively participate in their child’s speech and language development.
- Trialling of new evidence-based practices for whole school communication approaches to empower settings to implement change.
- Providing detailed assessments and reports.
- Supporting teachers to differentiate the curriculum.
- Onward referrals to, and ongoing liaison with, appropriate involved professionals.
- Provision of data for senior leadership teams and governors, evidencing the impact of targeted intervention