Skip to content

View navigation

We work with children and young people aged 0-19 who have difficulties or a disability which impacts upon their movement and makes their daily participation in activities difficult. The children we support have a long term neurological or developmental condition.

We provide support for children and their families to participate in everyday activities, provide specialist assessments and analysis of movement difficulties, and look at how to reduce possible future complications.

We also provide specialist treatment based on current evidence. This can include:

  • Advice on activities that can be incorporated in to everyday home and school routines.
  • Individual exercise or positioning programmes.
  • Specialist equipment and orthotics.
  • Specialist interventions e.g. hydrotherapy or rebound therapy.

We also provide specialist advice, information and training to children and young people, parents and carers, education staff and other healthcare professionals.

Who's it for?

Our service provides specialist assessment and advice to children and young people aged 0-19 with a long term neurological or developmental conditions.

Click here to view information for children with Down Syndrome (opens in new window)

Service Downloads

Information for children with developmental delay

One minute guides

Please view the ICAN referrals page

Tel: 0113 843 3620

8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday

We operate out of the following health centres:

ICAN West Hub / Child Development Centre

Wortley Beck Health Centre
Ring Road                                                    
Lower Wortley LS12 5SG

Tel: 0113 843 8000 

ICAN South Hub / Child Development Centre

St George’s Centre
St George’s Rd
LS10 4UZ

Tel: 0113 843 2000  

East ICAN Hub and Child Development Centre

The Reginald Centre
Floor 1
263 Chapletown Road

Tel: 0113 843 5700

We are currently reviewing our website to make all content accessible. If you are looking for a download, such as a leaflet or booklet that you can no longer find, please contact the service on the details above.

What to do if you need to speak to someone urgently...