COVID19 service update:
Urgent patients are currently being offered treatment where appropriate. Support may be face to face or at home but where possible remote advice will be given.
Any service user who is not receiving urgent care has been advised that the service is currently on hold and will be notified when full service resumes.
We provide podiatry (foot) care across the city alongside specialist services for priority groups and those eligible for care as part of a specialist service.
The service provides core podiatry care including:
- Management of damaged or infected nails
- Removal of corns and calluses
- Nail Surgery
Plus specialised clinics involving:
- Patients with Diabetes who have been screened as Moderate or High risk of developing complications
- High risk feet
- Chronic painful skin lesions
- Mental health patients with foot problems
- Adults and children with lower limb pain.
To meet the individual treatment needs of patients, care is personalised and planned. This includes patient empowerment, choice and multi-disciplinary care.
Special support for flat feet, curly toe, growing pain, hypermobility, Osgood-Schlatter's and toe walking is also available for children.
Who's it for?
- People with painful lower limb problems affecting mobility
- People with a medical condition which affects the circulation or nerves to the lower limb or foot e.g. diabetes, stroke and rheumatoid arthritis
- People with a history of falls
- People with painful nail conditions including those requiring nail surgery
- Children and adults requiring a biomechanical examination