COVID19 service update:
Urgent patient care is currently being provided. Support may be face to face or at home but where possible remote advice will be given.
Service users have been advised that the service is currently on hold apart from the urgent care described above and will be notified when full service resumes. All clinics are currently cancelled.
Our experienced team specialises in supporting patients aged 18 and over with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Individuals will have input from respiratory nurse specialists, respiratory physiotherapists, occupational therapist and clinical support workers at home, in hospital, pulmonary rehabilitation and clinics (including oxygen). We also deliver education for other health care professionals.
What we offer
The strands of care we deliver are:
- early supported / facilitation discharge and prevention of hospital admissions through both the Virtual Ward and CERS
- oxygen clinics for long term use of oxygen
- pulmonary rehabilitation
- chest physiotherapy for COPD / Bronchiectasis
- nurse intervention
- respiratory clinic (delivered in partnership with Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust)
- home visits
- occupational therapy assessment and treatment
Referrals are made by your GP or other healthcare professional or you can refer yourself, if you are know to the team, by contacting us on email@example.com or 0113 8434200
Tel: 0113 843 4200
The Respiratory Team
Chapeltown Health Centre
Respiratory core: 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday-Sunday
Respiratory Virtual Ward: 8:00am - 6:30pm Monday-Sunday
We are not an out of hours service. If you require non-emergency out of hours assistance please contact call NHS 111.