Tel: 0113 843 4388
Our office opening hours are:
Monday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Please note we are closed on Bank Holidays
Burmantofts Health Centre, Cromwell Mount Leeds, LS9 7TA
You can directly refer yourself to the service using the link below.
Download the referral form below - please be aware these are for professionals to use only.
We are the Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service and are working in a joined up way across the city with NHS partners and third sector organisations to make sure the people of Leeds can get the right support, at the right time and in the right place.
Our treatments are available for those aged 17 and over who are registered with a Leeds GP.
What do we Offer?
We provide support and psychological therapies for common mental health problems, such as anxiety and depression, which one in four of us will experience in our lives.
We offer a range of evidenced based psychological interventions, including group based and 1:1 therapies, classes, one-off sessions and online support options.
There is a range of self-help therapy resources on our website, or you can book directly onto one of our face-to-face classes or one-off sessions – making our therapies accessible for all. If you are wanting some guidance on which therapy is for you, our online self-referral process makes it easier for you to provide the information for us to assess your needs.
Online Courses of Self-help Video Treatments
We have a range of CBT-based self-help video courses that you can access online, each designed to address a specific mental health problem. The following courses are available:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Panic Attacks
- Managing Stress in Parenthood
- Understanding Self-Esteem
- Postnatal Depression
Find out more about our online therapy options here.
We offer a range of face to face-to-face classes and one-off sessions that you can book onto directly, without having to complete an assessment. Please find out more here.
During pregnancy and in the first year after birth, women can experience a range of mental health difficulties. We provide a variety of interventions to support women throughout this time, including specialist perinatal support from Women's Counselling and Therapy Service and Homestart Leeds. Please find out more information from their websites below:
Our Talking Therapies
In addition to our online courses and citywide classes, we also have a range of other talking therapies that can be accessed 1:1, in groups and online.
How do I access them?
You will need to complete an assessment and you will be able to discuss treatment options with one of our therapists. You can directly refer yourself to the service.
What is Guided Self-Help?
- Guided self-help is recommended as a treatment for depression, anxiety and panic disorder.
- With guided self-help you work through a CBT-based workbook or computer course with the support of a therapist.
- The therapist works with you to understand your problems and make positive changes in your life.
- Guided self-help aims to give you helpful tools and techniques that you can carry on using after the course has finished.
- During the course your therapist will support you with face-to-face appointments or phone calls.
QCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)?
- The aim of CBT is to help you explore and change how you think about your life, and
free yourself from unhelpful patterns of behaviour.
What is Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)?
- IPT is a talking treatment for people who are experiencing an episode of depression.
- The depression is usually triggered by a life event, such as a change of circumstances, or an unresolved grief or a breakdown of a significant relationship.
- IPT also explores the support you get from the people around you, and how depression has had an impact on these relationships.
- IPT will encourage you to seek support from those around you as part of the process of therapy, and/or to develop better relationships which will promote better mental health.
- IPT offers up to 16 weekly appointments.
Q Counselling for Depression
What is Counselling for Depression?
- Counselling for depression has been specially developed to help people understand the underlying causes of their depression.
- It's usually offered to people who have mild to moderate depression and have already tried other therapies, such as guided self-help.
QEye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
What is EMDR?
- EMDR is a talking therapy that's been developed to help people who have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- People who have PTSD may experience intrusive thoughts, memories, nightmares or flashbacks of traumatic events in their past.
- EMDR helps the brain reprocess memories of the traumatic event so you can let go of them.
- EMDR can be a distressing process, so it's important to have a good support network of family and friends around you if you plan to try it.
Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service is a partnership between:
We will share your information with each other and your GP to support your direct healthcare, and we have implemented strong security measures to ensure your records remain private and confidential. For more information please download our leaflet or view our privacy notice.
Coproduction is a way of working which sees the people who provide services, and those who use them, as equal partners in the way those services are designed and delivered. This means managers, clinicians and administrators working hand-in-hand with patients, clients or service users and their friends, families and carers to change services for the better.
Our new Coproduction Network is a group for anyone who wants to be involved in shaping the future of Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service. To get involved, or to find out more, contact our Coproduction Coordinator on LMWScoproduction@touchstonesupport.org.uk or by telephone on 0113 216 3000.
Communications Resources for Professionals
This area is password protected for professionals across the Leeds Mental Wellbeing Partnership who require access to our resources. If you require access to this page please contact Samantha Steede on email@example.com.