There are things you can do that may help you to get the most out of a video appointment, here are our top tips:
- Make a list of any questions you want to ask beforehand so you can make sure you remember to ask them during your appointment.
- Have a list to hand of recent medication, any changes to medication and dosages, as well as any over-the-counter medicines you are taking.
- Keep a pen and paper close to you in case you need to write anything down.
- If you would like to have someone with you during your appointment you are welcome to do so.
- Sit in a quiet room where you are unlikely to be disturbed with no background noise (such as the television or radio) and face your device (such as a laptop, tablet or mobile phone).
- Sit comfortably facing a light source (such as a window) so the healthcare professional can see your face.
- Rest your device on a table or firm surface so that the healthcare professional’s view of you is steady.
- Check you have a good internet connection on your device.
We know that this is a new way of doing things, if you have any questions or things don’t go to plan, you can contact us again on the telephone and we will talk to you about holding your appointment in a more suitable way.