Below are a collection of leaflets and patient resources for you to download from the IPC Team:
What we offer
The Leeds Community Healthcare (LCH) NHS Trust Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Team aim to provide timely expert advice. We work in close partnership with Leeds City Council, NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, the voluntary sector and others.
Our annual programme of work supports the Trust to deliver Infection Prevention and Control standards which are aligned to national policies and local priorities serving the population of Leeds. This includes:
- Monitoring HCAI trends and highlighting areas for IPC intervention
- Monitoring and surveillance of outbreaks
- Provision of expert clinical advice and support to staff and public to identify and manage infection incidents and outbreaks including, as appropriate, the facilitation of root cause analysis, clinical case reviews and / or post infection reviews
- Auditing of IPC standards including environments and hand hygiene to an agreed criteria making recommendations for change, monitoring progress and reporting to the Trust’s Quality and Safety Committee
- Developing and delivering IPC education and training programmes
- Supporting and developing IPC Champions
- Provision of expert IPC advice into the planning of new services, new builds, refurbishments projects and purchasing of new equipment
Annual Report 2018-2019 and IPC Programme for 2019/20
This document forms the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) annual report on Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) within Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust (LCH).
The aim of this report is to provide information and assurance to the Board that the Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPCT) and all staff within the Trust are committed to reducing HCAI and that LCH is compliant with current legislation, best practice and evidenced based care.
Infection Prevention and Control Team
Chapeltown Health Centre, Leeds LS7 4BB
Telephone 0113 8434511
Working hours: Monday – Friday 08:00-17:00, Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays 09:00-17:00