We are accepting all appropriate referrals into the service. Most consultations will remain remotely delivered, however where it is deemed clinically appropriate support will be offered face to face in a clinic venue or with you at home.
The Specialist Weight Management Service in Leeds is a 12 month programme run by experienced healthcare professionals, including:
- consultant physician (who specialises in obesity medicine)
- mental health specialists
During the programme, the team will support you to make sustainable diet and life changes to improve your health. We may also refer you for further investigations or support from other services.
The sections below contain a range of useful links and resources.
- Exercises to do at home (beginners)
- Exercises to do at home (intermediate level)
- Exercise video for people who are new to exercise or do not exercise very much, can be done standing or seated
- Exercise video for people who exercise regularly using items from around the house (tins of beans, bags of flour)
- 10 minute workout videos for people who exercise regularly, that do not require equipment
- 23 and ½ hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
- Tips for making it easier to be active in your home
- Physical activity advice sheet
- Free 9 week exercise program for all levels
Thera bands – choose multi-level bands with handles (suitable for everyone and can be bought online)
Weighing scales – choose digital ones to easily track any weight changes (can be bought online or from big supermarkets)
Exercise with children and young people
Tel: 0113 843 0894
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:30pm
We offer a citywide service with our admin team operating out of:
Parkside Community Health Centre
311 Dewsbury Road
British Dietetic Association ‘Food Facts’
We are currently reviewing our website to make all content accessible. If you are looking for a download, such as a leaflet or booklet that you can no longer find, please contact the service on the details above.