The Nutrition and Dietetics team are offering most of their service via telephone and remote digital consultations, as for many it is just as effective with the added benefits of being more flexible. However, where it is deemed clinically appropriate, support will be offered face to face in a clinic venue or with you at home.
We kindly ask that all patients wear a face mask at consultations. This is to reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19.
Who's it for?
Our Children’s Nutrition and Dietetic Service is a citywide service supporting children, aged 0-16 years (19 for learning disabilities), with a wide range of nutrition and health problems including:
- Cow’s Milk Intolerance/Allergy (sometimes in combination with other food allergies/intolerance)
- Nutrition support e.g. low weight/delayed growth
- Nutrition assessment e.g. iron deficiency
- Assessment of restricted diets/eating problems
- Support for patients who tube feed and their families (including input to Specialist Inclusive Learning Centres)
We work with the family to identify the changes that are needed and support the person and any carers by providing practical and accurate information.
We accept referrals from GPs, community paediatricians, school nurses, specialist nurses, health visitors, and allied health professionals (AHPs). Referral information can be found on Leeds Health Pathways.
On referral, the service may offer a consultation at a local clinic.
“You Said, We Did”
We carried out a survey with you during the initial COVID-19 lockdown to gauge your views on how we were doing and how we could improve our service going forward, with new ways of working.
This project involved collating feedback from our patients, with a view to support our service re-set and continually improving the quality of our service; working in partnership with our families in providing an outstanding service safely. After designing an electronic survey for sending to patients, we collated the data and presented results and produced a poster for our staff and our patients. This is an ongoing project; inspiring other healthcare providers to contribute towards their continuous improvement.
Our survey found out that:
- 58% of our families were happy with the communication they received from us during the changes to our service, due to Covid-19; 38% liked not needing to travel for the Dietitian appointment; 13% would like to be able to continue to see the Dietitian on video, whilst in the comfort of their own home; however, 21% would prefer to see the Dietitian in person.
Following this feedback, and going forward - to improve our service, we are now considering:
- Offering more video consultations as well as our telephone appointments;
- Regular face-to-face weighing clinics across the city;
- More and regular face-to-face consultation clinics; and
- More resources that patients can have access to anytime, such as online resources.
Continuing to listen to you…from 2021 we are still keen to hear your views and will continue to share them on this website. Please use QR code or complete our online survey to have your say.
For Healthcare Professionals:
If you are healthcare professional please visit the Nutricia UK HCP page for e-learning Nutricia UK | HCP Home | Supporting Healthcare Professionals
Tel: 0113 8430842
9:00am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday
This is a citywide service and groups frequently change venue to accommodate different areas.
- If you are the parent/guardian of a Tube Fed child and you wish to discuss feed orders and delivery please call Nutricia on 0333 136 4475.
- If you are having issues with equipment please call Nutricia on 0800 042 0147.
We are currently reviewing our website to make all content accessible. If you are looking for a download, such as a leaflet or booklet that you can no longer find, please contact the service on the details above.