What we do
We provide a friendly high quality service for benign gynaecological conditions, providing specialist care across various community settings.
We work in partnership with Leeds Teaching Hospitals and Meanwood Medical Practice to make up the Leeds Integrated Gynaecology Service.
We provide help with:
- Management of abnormal uterine bleeding
- Difficult IUD / IUS fit and removals
- Benign vulva disorders
- Vaginal prolapse / urinary incontinence not requiring surgery
- Pessary removal and fit
- Difficult/failed smears
- Cervical polyp removals
- Menopause & Premenstrual syndrome management
- Sterilisation counselling
We are now able to offer greater choice of appointments in locations across Leeds in local health centres adhering to the principles of ‘Care closer to Home’. These have free car parking facilities and are on bus routes to ease access to our service.
Depending on the care you require, there are a number of locations in addition to St James’s Hospital where you could be seen by one of our clinicians:
- Dr Manisha Singh
- Dr Ruth Cunliffe
- Dr Farah Chaudhry
- Dr Seema Bisht
- Dr Kate Fenton
- Dr Grace Sutton
- Dawn Regan (Clinical Nurse Manager)
- Tina Birkinshaw (Community Staff Nurse)
- Denise Dunwell (Community Staff Nurse)
Clinics and Times
Clinics are held at:
Appointment day and times
|Armley Moor Health Centre||Town Street
|Beeston Hill Health Centre||123 Cemetery Road
Tuesday, 08:20am – 12:30pm
|East Leeds Health Centre||78 Osmondthorpe Lane
|Thursday, 08:30am – 11:30am|
|Yeadon Health Centre||13 South View Road
Leeds LS19 7PS
|Meanwood Health Centre||548 Meanwood Road,
Leeds, LS6 4JN
Important points to note
- Your appointment should only take up to forty minutes but please allow longer for your visit.
- Please attend even if you are having your period.
- Your visit may, with your consent, include a vaginal examination and further tests or treatment.
- Bring a record of your medication with you.
- If you need an interpreter or any other assistance / adjustments during your appointment please contact the office as soon as possible.
- If you require transport for this appointment you need to arrange this yourself through your GP surgery.
Unfortunately we do not accept self referrals, so please contact your GP for a referral to the service.
What happens if I cannot attend?
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. You can cancel your appointment, but you need to give more than 24 hours' notice so that we can offer the appointment to someone else and rebook you a new appointment.
If you cancel on more than one consecutive occasion you may be discharged.
If you fail to attend your first appointment you will not be offered any further appointments and will be discharged.
Your referrer will be notified. If you still require an appointment you will need to be re-referred back into the service and will be put back on the waiting list.
Patient identifiable information
Information about you is always treated as confidential. Sometimes, in order to provide safe, high quality care, the gynaecology team may need to communicate with other professionals looking after you (e.g. other , doctors, nurses or social care professionals).
Wherever possible, we will only share information with your consent.
Whenever we use your personal information we will always follow the Data Protection Act guidelines.
Help us get it right
If you have a complaint, concern, comment or compliment please let us know by speaking to a member of our staff or by contacting us using the details below. We learn from your feedback and use the information to improve and develop our service.
If you would like to talk to someone outside the service contact the Patient Experience Team on 0113 220 8585, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm or email email@example.com.
We can make this information available in Braille, large print, audio or other languages on request.
Tel: 0113 843 0432 and 0113 843 0433
8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays)
We are currently reviewing our website to make all content accessible. If you are looking for a download, such as a leaflet or booklet that you can no longer find, please contact the service on the details above.