What to expect
Please read the below information before attending your child’s hearing test. . Please visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus for further advice and information.
Before you visit us:
- Only one adult should attend the appointment with your child
- Please do not bring other children. If childcare is a problem, please speak to our booking team BEFORE your child’s appointment so that we can talk to you about help that may be available
The most important symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If anyone in your household or ‘bubble’ has any of the symptoms noted above you must stay at home. Please also contact our booking team on 0113 843 3620 so that we can rearrange your child’s appointment.
Arrival at the health centre:
- We ask everyone coming to clinic to wear a face covering. Please bring one for yourself and your child if they are aged 11-years or older. Please put your face coverings on before you come in to the health centre
- If possible, do not come in to the health centre until five minutes before your appointment time. If you arrive early by car, please wait in your car until it is time to come in
- When you come into the health centre please use the hand sanitiser provided and, where possible, maintain two metre social distancing between staff and other families during your visit
- Please let us know you have arrived – our reception desk is on the ground floor as you come in
- Our reception staff will check if you, your child, or anyone in your household or ‘bubble’ have any symptoms of coronavirus
- You will be shown to our waiting area
- Toilet facilities are available for you and your child to use, but please remember to wash your hands and reapply hand sanitiser before returning to the waiting room
During the appointment:
One of our Audiology team will collect you from the waiting room and take you to the audiology room for your appointment. All staff will be wearing a surgical mask, apron, gloves and either goggles or a visor. This is for patient and staff protection.
- At the end of the appointment we will ask you to use hand sanitiser again before leaving the building
Please contact us on 0113 843 3620 if you have any concerns regarding your visit to Community Audiology.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important health and safety information.