Who’s it for?
We work with any adult who is over 18, with a Leeds GP who has a speech, language, communication or swallowing difficulty, which is impacting their life. We work in partnership with family, carers, care teams and other care providers to support a holistic approach to care and treatment.
We work across two teams - The Speech and Swallowing team works with people with acquired communication or swallowing difficulties including people with long-term conditions and end of life care needs and developmental needs. The Learning Disability Speech and Language Therapy Team work with adults who have a diagnosed Learning Disability and have communication or swallowing needs which cannot be met within a mainstream service.
What we offer
- We will listen to you about your concerns and what is important to you to provide the right support.
- We will complete a comprehensive assessment to identify all your strengths and needs.
- We will work with you to achieve your goals which may include providing therapy, offering advice, providing resources or identifying strategies.
- We may offer training to training to staff teams or families and carers.
- We work with other services to make sure your health needs are identified and managed.
Our Learning Disability Team offers an open referral service and allows self referrals. Please contact our Single Point of Access number to refer:
0300 300 1485
Referrals can be made to the speech and swallowing team via your GP or any heath or social care professional including senior care home staff. For professionals, the referral form can be found on Leeds Care Pathways.
Learning Disability Speech and Language Therapy
North and East
Tel: 0113 8557050
2 Asket Place
South and West
Tel: 0113 8555393
St. Mary’s Hospital
Green Hill Road
Speech and Swallowing Team
Tel: 0113 8433126
Woodhouse Health Centre