Visit the main LCH website

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)


If you are 13-17 years or the parent/ carer of children aged 5-17 years, you can talk directly to the Single Point of Access (SPA) team. Call 0300 555 0324 during office hours or make an online self-referral. 

Professional Referrals

Professionals should make a referral through SPA via their referral form 

Decisions about which is the most appropriate service for a particular child or young person will be made by the SPA once the referral is received.

Our sites and Contact Information


Kirkstall Health Centre LS5 3DB

Tel: 0113 843 2710



The Reginald Centre LS7 3EX

Tel: 0113 8434468


Leeds Children and Young People's Eating Disorder Service

The Reginald Centre LS7 3EX

Tel: 0113 8434317


South Leeds

Parkside Community Health Centre LS11 5LQ

Tel: 0113 843 0804


Important Information

QHow can I get an appointment?

Our service is for young people who have a GP (doctor) in Leeds.

If this is the first time you have looked for help for your problem the mindmate website  has information about some of the great early help services we have in Leeds.

If you have already tried early help services and despite this the problems continue and have a big effect on your daily life, you can talk directly to the Mindmate Single Point of Access (SPA).  They will work with all services available locally to find the right support for you. If appropriate they will send your referral to CAMHS.

If you are young people (13-17 years) or parents and carers of a child or young person (5-17 years) you can call the SPA directly on 0300 555 0324 during office hours*. You can also talk to your GP (doctor) or another professional supporting you, and ask them if they can refer you to the MindMate SPA.

You can find more details about the MindMate SPA here.

QHow long is the waiting list?

Waiting times vary and can go up and down depending on demand

A number of things influence how long people wait. These include changes in demand (referral rates) and capacity (staffing) as well as how much flexibility families have in when and where they can get to appointments.

Next Steps Clinic

Most children and young people seen for the first time by CAMHS are seen in a Next Steps clinic. We aim to see children and young people waiting for a first Next Steps appointment within 12 weeks

Community Eating Disorder Team

Children and young people with a possible eating disorder are seen by our specialist eating disorders service. We aim to see these children and young people within 4 weeks.

Waiting list for an urgent assessment

These young people and children need to be seen quickly and we prioritise them. For example a young person with significant mental health problems or someone who has a suspected eating disorder and is losing weight rapidly. We aim to see all children and young people who need an urgent appointment within a week.

Waiting for Emergency Assessments

These young people and children need to be seen very quickly. For example: someone who has been hospitalised after trying to seriously hurt themselves. We aim to see children and young people who need an emergency appointment on the same day.

QWhat happens in urgent situations?

Sometimes young people or children need to be seen urgently by CAMHS. For example if you have a suspected eating disorder and are losing weight rapidly or have thoughts of seriously harming yourself.

What You Should do if this Applies to You:

It is important to tell someone (for example your parent or staff at school) who can keep you keep safe and get help for you.

Physical safety is the first priority; arrange to see your doctor (GP) who will assess your physical and mental health needs. You need to make sure you let them know how you are feeling as well as your physical symptoms. Your GP will contact CAMHS.

QWhat to do in an emergency?

If you need immediate medical help (for example you have taken an overdose or seriously harmed yourself) you need to go to the hospital emergency department. 

If you are not sure what to do you can call 111 and get medical advice

QWhat about families who need extra support to access the service?

We aim to make sure that all children, young people and families can access our service. It would be really helpful if you can let us know of any special requirements your family may have, such as disabled access, reading, hearing or language needs.

QWhat will happen you need admitting to hospital?

This leaflet explains what will happen if you need to be admitted to hospital following a serious incident of self-harm.

Have your say

What you think is important. Your CAMHS worker will ask you how you want to use your sessions. Together you will decide the type of help that’s best for you. Telling your worker what you like and don’t like about your sessions helps them make changes to suit you.

Compliments, Comments and Complaints

We would also love to hear from you with any comments, ideas and suggestions about our services and how we can make them better.

You can do this by speaking to a member of staff directly or by contacting our Patient Experience Team

What to do if you need to speak to someone urgently...