We provide physical and mental healthcare assessment and treatment, along with forensic specimen collection from detained persons in police custody suites across Yorkshire and Humber. This is provided by a multi-skilled group of healthcare professionals, including paramedics, mental and learning disability nurses, general nurses and forensic medical examiners.
Who's it for?
We work with all ages and health conditions and provide assessments on all detained people. This can include children and young people, usually from age 10 and upwards. We cover West Yorkshire, Humberside, North Yorkshire and South Yorkshire. People from anywhere in the country could be detained in any of the suites.
Our service includes:
- Carrying out full healthcare assessments
- Managing medication for people in custody with long term conditions, e.g. diabetes
- Collecting blood samples from people who may be alleged to have drunk alcohol whilst driving and be over the prescribed limit
- Delivering mental health assessments and providing care plans or referrals to specialist teams for further assessment and intervention as necessary
- Clinical assessment and medical management of drug and alcohol withdrawal/detoxification.
- Undertaking forensic samples
We are not a referral based service.
|Bradford Police Station||
|Dewsbury Police Station||
|Elland Road Police Station||
|Halifax Police Station||
|HM Young Offenders Institute Wetherby||
|Huddersfield Police Station||
|Normanton Police Station||
|Pudsey Police Station||
Stainbeck Police custody
Stainbeck Police Station,
|Shepcote Police Custody||
S9 1 BZ
|Harrogate Police Station||
Beckwith Head Road,
|Scarborough Police Station||
|York Police Station||
|Clough Road Police||
|Priory Road Police Station||
|Grimsby Police Station||
Our service cannot be accessed by the general public.
Administration team contact:
Tel: 01937 522879
Central office opening times - 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Our clinical services run 24/7 - 365 days a year.
We are currently reviewing our website to make all content accessible. If you are looking for a download, such as a leaflet or booklet that you can no longer find, please contact the service on the details above.