Live Well in Later Life
Have you noticed changes in your sleep? How you feel? How close you feel to others? Have you felt like avoiding things or been putting things off more?
Later life can be a big time of change, which can lead to us feeling low or perhaps more worried or stressed. You may have noticed little changes, or started not feeling like yourself. Sometimes we can experience big life stressors that have a big impact on our wellbeing.
The Live Well in Later Life course aims to help manage these difficulties by teaching you techniques that you can use everyday to tackle low mood and worries.
You may benefit from the course if you have:
- Recently retired or semi retired, or are experiencing work related problems
- Increased caring responsibilities for family or friends
- A physical health condition that maybe impacting on your wellbeing
- Experienced a loss or bereavement
- Become more isolated
- Stopped doing things you used to enjoy
- Worry a lot or are having trouble sleeping
How do they work?
- They are based on guided self-help cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) – an effective therapy for treating depression and anxiety symptoms. You will learn how your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and physical symptoms and how these interact and impact you emotional wellbeing. The classes are run by qualified psychological wellbeing practitioners. The course is aimed at adults in later life which is usually described as aged 50+ years. However, if you feel you would benefit from an older adults approach then please feel free to book a place.
- These are psychoeducational classes, not group therapy – you will be watching, listening, and learning about your mental health and ways to improve it, and encouraged to make changes outside of the classes to improve how you feel. In this groups you will be able to see and hear other patients and practitioners, you will be able to use your camera and microphone.
If you have already completed an online screening, please wait for this to be processed or discuss with your therapist before booking onto another treatment.
If you would like to more information please call Community Links IAPT on 0113 200 9188 or to book you place please click the image below
Live Well in Later Life - Nov-Dec 2020
Event starts: 11th Nov 2020 10:00am
Event ends: 16th Dec 2020 11:30am
Living Well in Later Life class will be held online.
Classes will run every Wednesday starting at 10am from Wednesday 11th November until 16th December (November 11th, 18th, 25th
December 2nd, 9th and 16th).
Each session will last approx. 1.5 hours. Members are expected to attend all sessions.