Our Services A-Z

Feeding Difficulties

Speech and Language Therapists who are specialised in this area assess and / or treat children who have oral motor and / or sensory feeding difficulties.

Children who have other kinds of difficulties with feeding eg social / emotional / behavioural, problems using utensils, poor appetite etc, are best supported by other groups or professionals, or across agencies.

If you have concerns over a child's feeding difficulties use the Feeding Referral Gudelines to decide your best course of action.  You can also refer to the the Dysphagia Guideline (PL201).

If it is determined that a referral is the best course of action for the child in your care and the referral meets the Thresholds please complete the referral form which can be accessed via this link.

If you have used this service in the past, and would like to provide us with feedback as part of the NHS “Friends and Family Test” (FFT) please select one of the links below:

To access and complete the FFT click here >

To access and complete the FFT Easy read version click here >

If you are a parent carer you can access and complete the FFT by click here >

The information you provide will be used to inform how better we can deliver the service.