2016 – 2017 More than a welcome
This year we will be focussing on making sure our health centres and services are welcoming and helpful to the people who use them. Throughout the year there will be a wide range of activities and events focussing on:
- Making our physical environments easier to access (signage, information provided)
- Making our buildings more welcoming (reception / waiting room facilities)
- ‘Waiting time should be useful time’ (activities that can promote wellbeing and reduce isolation)
- Links to sustainability and environmental improvement projects
You can view more information about our More than a welcome campaign by clicking here
November 2016-February 2017 Winter Warmth
During the winter months Leeds Community Healthcare will run a mini campaign focussing on winter warmth, aimed at raising awareness and reducing isolation, and informing our most vulnerable members of the community and the public about how they can look after themselves and others in the winter months. Activities that will take place during the campaign included:
- Members of the public volunteering at the Leeds City Centre Street Collection on the 18th of December between 12pm and 6pm.
- Staff are taking part in our swap-a-thon challenge raising money and awareness for the winter warmth campaign.
- Donations to support Leeds Community Healthcare Charity projects, including foot care packs for homeless people, gifts for children needing our services over Christmas and during difficult times in the future
- Giving a Voice concluded their annual Christmas Choir - also in aid of raising money to support the LCH Charity.
If you like more information about this campaign please click this link.