Looked After Children and Young People
The Health Team for Looked After Children and Young People is part of the Safeguarding Children Team.
The service works with-
· All children and young people ‘looked after’ by Leeds in residential, foster, family network or secure care settings and those leaving care.
· Any carers/professionals involved in the care of these children.
· School Nurses, Health Visitors, Community Paediatricians and other health professionals, Leeds Social Care, Education Leeds and voluntary sector services.
- coordinates services and supports people to achieve better health and wellbeing.
- works individually with families and with groups and offers support, training and education of young people, carers, health, social care, education and voluntary sector staff and any others involved in their care.
The team comprises health professionals and administration staff.
· Designated Doctor
· Designated Nurses
· Data Input Clerk
· Specialist Nurses for Looked After Children
Armley Moor Health Centre
95 Town Street
Armley LS12 3HD
0113 305 1288 or 0113 305 5156