Family Nursing Partnership (FNP)
The Family Nursing Partnership (FNP) aims to reduce social exclusion for first time mothers under twenty. As a result of participating in FNP, the following can occur:
- Reductions in smoking in pregnancy
- Greater intervals between and fewer subsequent births
- Fewer accidents
- Reduction in child abuse and neglect
- Better language development in children
- Increases in employment
- Greater involvement of fathers
Referral is from midwifery services / Connexions / education / voluntary sector / youth services / social care / self.
Clients receiving FNP need to give consent to participate and must be:
- Aged 19 years or under
- Living in Leeds
- First pregnancy as confirmed by health professional (included if previous pregnancy ended in miscarriage, stillbirth or termination. Multiple births also included)
- Notified to the FNP team no later than 24 weeks gestation and recruited to FNP no later than 28 weeks.
Those unable to participate in FNP:
- Women who plan to have their child adopted
- Women who plan to leave Leeds before their child reaches 2 years of age, for an extended period of time (3 months or longer) or permanently.
Family Nursing Partnership (FNP), Parkside Community Health Centre, 311 Dewsbury Road, Leeds, LS11 5LQ. Tel: 0113 295 2884, email: email@example.com