Weigh Ahead is a community-based, specialist, weight management service for adults (aged 16 years and over). We are a team of highly experienced Registered Dietitians, Healthy Lifestyle Advisors and Administrators. We are here to offer support and guidance to help you with your weight loss journey, with education on healthy eating, physical activity and signposting for further support.
The service is city-wide for people who live in Leeds or who are registered with a Leeds GP practice. For more details of locations and times of appointments please click here.
Weigh Ahead is for people aged over 16 years who have either:
· A Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30 or
· A BMI over 27 with other health problems
If you know your height and weight you can check your BMI online at Leeds Let’s Change:
(If you have a lower BMI but feel you would still benefit from losing weigh and/or getting fitter, our Healthy Lifestyle Service can help. Please contact us on 0800 169 4219)
A 30 minute options appointment to discuss your health and weight and talk through ways that we can work together to help you improve this.
· Ongoing individual appointments to support you with your weight loss plan.
· A Dietitian will work with you to make changes to what you eat to help you lose weight and tailor a plan to suit individual lifestyles.
· Individual appointments city wide.
· A fun supportive course of sessions run by weight management specialists, physical activity instructors and Healthy Lifestyle Assistants.
· One and a half hours of weight loss support, motivation and an exercise class.
· Available daytimes and evenings, city wide.
· Expert advice on which dietary and lifestyle habits can lead to weight loss and how to maintain these for life.
· A weekly group activity class supported by a physical activity advisor with a wide range of circuit based activities for all abilities.
· Support from other like minded group members.
· Ongoing follow up support sessions to keep you on track.
We are always looking at ways to improve our service. It is important that we know what you want from your service so if you can spare some of your time we would like to meet you!
If you have used this service in the past, and would like to provide us with feedback as part of the NHS “Friends and Family Test” (FFT) please select one of the links below:
To access and complete the FFT click here >
To access and complete the FFT Easy read version click here >
If you are a parent carer you can access and complete the FFT by click here >
The information you provide will be used to inform how better we can deliver the service.